- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk with vanilla flavor
- Coconut granola for topping
- Chia seeds for topping
- Almonds for topping
- Toasted coconut for topping
- Banana slices for topping
- Berries for topping
1Peel the banana and cut them into slices. Place the slices in a bowl and keep it in the freezer for an hour or overnight. Place the mixed berries to another bowl and keep it in the freezer as well. When you are ready to cook, take them out of the freezer. Wash the spinach and dry using paper towel. Cut into smaller pieces to make it easier to blend. You can skip adding spinach on this recipe as well if you don’t like it.
2Prepare a blender, and add the banana and berries into the container. Toss in the spinach and almond milk. Blend those together until it reaches smooth texture. You need it to be a little thick so you can spoon them later while eating but it doesn’t have to be too thick. If the texture is still too thick, add some more almond milk into the mixture and blend for a few seconds. Transfer the smoothie into serving bowls, and add the toppings. Serve immediately for fresh taste.
- You don’t need to add sugar into the smoothies because the almond milk is already sweet, not to mention that the berries and banana are already very sweet too. However, if you want more sweetness, add a tablespoon of honey while blending. Choose the organic one and never mix everything with sugar to keep it healthier.
- Freezing the banana and berries is an important step. It makes sure the heat while you use the blender will not release the nutrients from the fruits. It doesn’t need to be completely iced. Just make sure it is frozen enough on the outside and it gets firm texture.
- You can skip the recommended toppings above. You can serve the smoothie just as it is without any topping. However, to give it a different taste and too add crunchiness in the smoothies, adding the toppings will be fun. You can replace them with any items you like to add like raisins, almonds, shredded cashews, fresh mint leaves, or any other item you fancy.