- 1 pound of fresh cucumbers
- 2 cups of fresh lemon juices, squeezed from around 15 lemons
- ⅔ cup of organic honey
- 8 cups of water, divide
- Ice cubes
- Cucumber slices for serving
- Lemon slices for serving
- Mint leaves for garnish
1Wash the cucumber and dry it using paper towels. When it is dry enough, chop it into small dices. Take a blender and transfer the cucumber dices into the blender. Add 1 or 2 cups of water just to make sure the blender can work well. Blend the cucumber until it is well crushed and it turns to smoothie’s texture. Stop the blender.
2Prepare a large pitcher or bowl, and pour the cucumber smoothie into it through a sieve with fine mesh. Pour little by little and give the sieve a little pressure. Use the back of the spoon or a silicon spatula to press the sieve. It allows you to get all the juice and leave all the pulp or solid residue. Discard the pulp. Set aside the juice.
3Take a small sauce pan, and add 1 or 2 cups of water in it. Heat the saucepan and remove from heat before it boils. Add honey in the water and whisk until it is perfectly dissolved. Pour the honey mixture into the juice and stir. Add the lemon juice and stir again until everything is mixed well. Give a little taste and add some honey if you need to.
4When it tastes good already, transfer the bowl or pitcher into the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Take it out when you are ready to serve. Prepare several serving glasses, and put several cucumber slices into it. Top the cucumber slices with some ice cubes and add a lemon slice on top. Pour the lemonade and garnish with mint leaves. You can skip adding the ice cubes if it is cold enough.
- If you are using organic cucumber and it isn’t waxy, you don’t need to peel the skin. In contrary, wash and then peel the cucumber skin if it isn’t organic or if it’s a little waxy.
- Mint leaves always make perfect match for cucumber. If you like the taste, you can always add more mint leaves into the lemonade before chilling. It will strengthen the taste and make it tastes even fresher.