- 3 large whole eggs
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- ⅓ cup of seeded and diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons of cubed feta cheese
- Tomato slices for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil
1Prepare a small mixing bowl and add the eggs in it. Whisk the eggs until it is well incorporated and set aside. Prepare a medium frying pan and layer it with extra virgin olive oil. Turn on the heat to medium. When the oil is hot enough, add the spinach and tomato dices and spinach into the skillet. Stir occasionally until the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes are soft enough.
2When the vegetables are ready, add the eggs into the skillet. Keep stirring everything so the effs are well scrambled. Keep stirring for around 30 seconds or until the eggs are scrambled and the veggies are mixed well. Add the feta cheese, and continue cooking until the eggs reach your desired texture. Season the eggs with pepper and salt and stir again until it is well mixed. Remove the eggs from heat and serve with tomato slices if you want to.
- It is important to cook the vegetables first, because it takes longer time to get fully cooked. Make sure to add the egg before the vegetables are fully cooked so they don’t get overcooked after all the steps.
- In alternative to spinach, it is alright to use green pepper as well. It is more recommended if you paln to serve it for adults.
- In alternative to feta cheese, in case you don’t have any more in the kitchen, you can use shredded cheddar cheese instead. It taste different but it still tastes good as well.
- The eggs get easily overcooked. To prevent undesired texture, it is recommended to turn your heat to low before you add the eggs. It will cook the eggs slower without over burning the vegetables as well. It allows you to reach the desired texture. In addition to it, it is essential to keep stirring the eggs while cooking for the same reason. Settled cook will get burned faster.
- In alternative to seasoning the egg while cooking, you can add the pepper and salt while whisking the eggs. It tends to blend better if you don’t know when to adjust the heat. While adding it while stirring it makes the pepper and salt tend to gather on a certain part instead of spreading.