- 2 bananas, slightly overripe is preferable
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- More cinnamon powder for dusting
- More sugar for dusting
- Cooking spray
1Skin the banana and cut them into pieces, ½ inches thick. Set aside. Take a small mixing bowl, and toss the sugar and cinnamon powder in it. Stir to mix them both well. Set aside. Take a medium skillet and heat it over medium heat. Layer the skillet with cooking spray and honey.
2When the honey is warm enough, toss the cinnamon mixture and stir so it covers the skillet surface evenly. Transfer the banana rounds into the skillet, and cook for around 2 to 3 minutes or until the below side turns soft and golden brown. Flip the banana rounds and cook the other side until it is soft and it gets the golden brown color too.
3Transfer the bananas on a serving plate. Sprinkle some more cinnamons and sugar on top of it and leave it to cool for several seconds. Serve when it is still warm. A portion should have several slices of the banana.
- Overripe bananas take shorter time to cook, so stick with targeted texture and color instead of cooking time.
- In alternative to overripe bananas, you can also use ripe or slightly ripe banana. Slightly ripe banana is highly recommended when you like a bit toughness in it, but it takes longer time to get it warm and soft enough.
- To see if the bananas are on the targeted texture, puncture it in the middle using a toothpick. If you feel it too watery, it is too soft already. If you can get in easily but it doesn’t feel too moist, the texture is perfect.
- Instead of cooking the cinnamon mixture with honey, you can also sprinkle half of the mixture for one side and sprinkle the rest after flipping the banana rounds.
- If you think the banana rounds are sweet enough already, you can skip adding dusting before serving. It is actually recommended especially if you prefer lower carbs on it.
- Serve the banana with pancake, ice cream, yogurt, or with chocolate drizzle. The kids love it. However, it tastes great as it is without side dish or drizzle.