- 2 pieces of medium cucumber, if small use 3
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, in alternative you can use avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
1Rinse the cucumbers without peeling it and then cut them into even slices. 1/8 inch thick is an ideal slice for effective cooking. Remove the excess moisture on the cucumber using paper towel until fully dry.
2Take a large mixing bowl and add the cucumber slices in it. Add oil and mix until it covers all surfaces. Add the apple cider vinegar and toss them together, much as you make a salad. Sprinkle the sea salt into the bowl and toss everything together. Set aside.
3Take a large baking tray, and line it with parchment. Place the cucumber slices in the tray and set them apart a little bit for a little room to breathe. Put the tray into the oven and bake with 175° Fahrenheit for around 3 or 4 hours or until those slices are crispy.
4Take out the tray and leave it to cool for a while. Serve immediately or store them on air tight container.
- You can slice the cucumbers using slicer for even thickness and faster process. One of the most recommended slicers will be mandolin slicer you can find at the store.
- In alternative to process the cucumber slices with oven, you can also use dehydrator. If you use dehydrator, the process will be longer than using oven. After placing the slices in the tray, put the tray into the dehydrator, and then dry the slices in it using 125° to 135° Fahrenheit temperature. Dry for 10 to 12 hours or until the slices get crispy.
- Please pay attention that thinner slices take faster time to get crispy. So you may want to check on your oven or dehydration every once in a while to see if it reaches its crispness yet.
- All varieties of cucumber should fit this recipe and taste great as well with the same seasoning. In alternative to cucumber, you can also use zucchini instead. Zucchinis have the same texture and wetness in it so the entire processes above will apply just well. You don’t need to peel them as well because it adds the crispness on the chips.