- ½ cup of freeze dried strawberries
- 1 ½ cups of whole rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups of crispy rice cereal
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup of natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup of flax seeds
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- ½ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1Take a small mixing bowl and add in peanut butter, honey, and the coconut oil in there. Stir them together until well mixed. Set aside.
2Take a large mixing bowl, and toss in the entire dry ingredients including the freeze dried strawberries, whole rolled oats, and crispy rice cereal. Add the flaz seeds, chia seeds, and unsweetened shredded coconut as well. Combine and mix them all well.
3Pour the entire peanut butter mixture into the large mixing bowl and stir until it is well combined and mixed. Make sure there is no grouping in the mixture.
4Chill the mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes to several hours depending on your preferences. It needs to by tough enough but not too tough to shape into balls. Take it out when it reaches the targeted texture, and take 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Press it and shape into a ball. Set the ball aside. Continue until the entire mixture is shaped.
5In alternative to shaping it into balls, you can also spread the mixture into a 9×13 inches pan and make sure the surface is flat and even. Store the pan in the fridge to chill for the same amount of time. Take out the pan when you think it is ready and cut it into several squares. Now you have bars for a little variation. The strawberry balls are ready to serve.
- You can also use store bought granola bars instead of mixing the oats, and cereal in it for faster process. However, several of those granola bars can be too sweet as well. We are going to add honey and peanut better so we already have enough sweetness already.
- Freeze dried strawberry is preferable for this recipe as it gives delicious taste without any artificial flavor. You can buy them at the store in the dried fruit section, commonly placed near to raisins.
- You can store them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. In alternative, you can also store them in an air tight container without putting it into the fridge for immediate access.